James Webb Space Telescope (JWST)
The James Webb Space Telescope (JWST) is the next generation Observatory and will be located at L2 1.5 million Km from Earth. JWST has three primary instruments onboard the spacecraft and Tekdata’s Cryoconnect are supporting the design and manufacturing harnesses for MIRI, NIRSpec and NIRCam. Cryoconnect is also working with Northrop Grumman to supply the JWST spacecraft level harnesses.
For more information about the instruments, visit the following webpages:
- MIRI: www.scitech.ac.uk/PMC/PRel/STFC/JWST.aspx
- NIRSpec: www.stsci.edu/jwst/instruments/nirspec
- NIRCam: www.stsci.edu/jwst/instruments/nircam
ESA’s Cornerstone Space Observatory
Cryoconnect supported the design and manufactured harnesses for:
- Planck Cryocoolers.
- Harnesses on the SPIRE instrument on the Herschel satellite.
- The 100mK detector harnesses for HFI on the Planck satellite.
For more information about these instruments, visit the following webpages:
- SPIRE: http://sci.esa.int/science-e/www/object/index.cfm?fobjectid=41324 and http://herschel.jpl.nasa.gov/spireInstrument.shtml
- HFI: http://www.rssd.esa.int/index.php?project=PLANCK&page=hfi_top
Herschel and Planck
Additional information about the Herschel and Planck satellites can be found at: